Infuse Travel is a student travel organisation that is deeply committed to fostering active citizenship and positive change in global communities through immersive experiential learning programs. Our mission is driven by a desire to inspire and empower students to engage with the world around them, and to cultivate a sense of global responsibility and compassion. We believe that by connecting with local communities and participating in meaningful learning experiences, students can gain a greater understanding of the challenges facing our world and become more effective agents of change.
Our vision is to create a more equitable world where people work together to care for one another and the planet. At Infuse Travel, we place a high value on excellence, integrity, sustainability, diversity, connection, learning, adventure, and humility. These values guide us in everything we do, and we are dedicated to creating transformative experiences that have a lasting impact on both the individual and the communities we serve.
Infuse Travel is currently hiring Program Leaders in Australia to lead school group programs in 2024 and beyond.
As a Program Leader, you are ultimately responsible for ensuring a life-shaping experience for our students on every program. This entails keeping students safe; following the program itinerary; providing appropriate supervision; implementing Infuse Travel’s core learning values and framework; and creating a positive work environment for other staff members. You have the opportunity and great responsibility to engage with amazing communities and change the lives of youth across Australia.
Your primary responsibility is the care and wellbeing of our students while they travel. You are a primary responder in all escalated situations, incidents and emergencies. In partnership with your co-leaders, you’ll collaborate to create a safe and successful program experience for all Infuse Travel students. You’ll work directly with local staff, community partners, activity operators and Infuse Travel managers. Expect to spend long days in some of the most exciting destinations in Australia.
Community service professionals, globally-conscious travellers, outdoor educators, logistics lovers, teachers and youth development facilitators are encouraged to apply. Infuse Travel is committed to increasing diversity in our staff and recognises the benefit of having a diverse, inclusive work environment. We believe in the value of diverse perspectives and experiences represented in our leaders.
Must be safety-oriented with a passion for experiential education. The position requires a lot of physical and emotional stamina.
- Exemplar of our mission, vision, and values
- Pro-active communicator and problem-solver
- Experienced in group management
- Passionate about experiential education for youth
- Lead each program in its entirety, as outlined in the detailed itineraries provided by your manager
- Take responsibility for the success of your program
- Manage day-to-day logistics for a smooth and successful program
- Act as a role model and mentor for students
- Monitor and manage student health and well-being
- Respond calmly and respectfully to any issues as they arise
- Follow and implement all safety protocols
- Follow and implement Inbound Australia’s core learning values & framework
- Represent Infuse Travel with integrity in all communities where we visit and work
- Drive and maintain the cleanliness of Infuse Travel vehicles to transport students during the program
- Facilitate food shopping, meal preparation and clean-up to cater for students and staff
- Any other tasks in accordance with operational requirements as directed by your manager
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to adapt according to context
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills with a positive mental attitude
- Detail-oriented in all aspects of your work
- Patient, enthusiastic, analytical, flexible, and solution-oriented
- Believes in the value of experiential education and cultural exchange
- Able to maintain excellence under pressure and ever-changing conditions
- Must be 24 years of age or older before the start date
- Valid employment Working with Children’s Check
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in service-learning, tourism, outdoor leadership, youth mentorship, customer service, or experiential education.
- Outdoor leadership qualifications and/or demonstrated experience
- Strong experience working with youth and/or high school groups
- WFR, WFA or Level 2 First Aid and CPR certified before start of work
- Valid unencumbered driver’s license (ability to drive manual highly desirable)
- Light Rigid, Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid vehicle license highly desirable